PILATES MATWORK TEACHER TRAINING
This course is designed to equip learners with the skills required for a career as a Pilates mat work teacher. It is accredited by the Pilates Foundation UK. The course will focus on mat work, and applied anatomy. The course will prepare you to become a competent and effective Pilates teacher who can deal with clients of all levels and ages.
The course will be structured over 12 months, during 13 weekends consisting of Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays, giving you 200 hours of contact time with your tutors.
We will begin a new teacher training programme this November and equipment training begins in July 2023.
Just let us know if you are interested!
Pilates Foundation Accredited
Workshop for Teachers and Trainee Teachers
With Annette Weir
Working with clients with M.E., Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Long Covid and Fibromyalgia.
28 January 1pm - 5.30pm, £85, booking link below
Working with clients with ME/CFS & Long Covid
- What recent research tells us about the physiology of these conditions and the differences between them
- What this means for Pilates practice in each condition
- Differentiating between types of Long Covid
- Considering overlapping conditions such as hypermobility & fibromyalgia
- Strategies to stay in a safe energy zone & avoid crashes
- What we can & can’t expect to achieve in Pilates
This workshop will enable you to feel confident in working safely with clients with these conditions and identify areas where Pilates may offer improvement as well as work it is safer to avoid.
Annette is an experienced osteopath & Pilates teacher specialising in working with people with complex & chronic conditions, particularly hypermobility related disorders including ME/CFS